Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Gotcha Day!

Yesterday was the day we have been waiting for.  Hannah Grace Mokma was welcomed into our arms. It was a great day filled with much anticipation. She was very hesitate when the nannies handed her over to us.  She is at the age where stranger anxiety starts. She fussed and cried but after a little bit she calmed down.  We spent about an hour at Jane's House and then said our "goodbye's" to the nannies. They love those children like their own so it is very hard to say goodbye.  I am so thankful she was loved and cared for so much.  She did Ok in the car, she was wide eyed as she looked all around.  Arriving at Sadula Lodge was went everything went down hill. We got out of the car and the tears came.  She cried all the way up to our room and a good hour after that. It wasn't until I got the blanket we had brought her on our first trip did she calm down and eventually fell asleep in my arms.
I am so thankful for all of you that are praying for us. It is only by those prayers that we had such a  good day today.  She is smiling all the time, talking, laughing and responding to her name Hannah. She has been such a happy content baby. As I type, she is in her crib sleeping. Tonight we pray for restful sleep. She seems to be afraid at night so we pray for peace.

I can not wait to be home with the WHOLE BIG family, so she can meet her sisters, brothers, and extended family and friends. We fly home Thursday evening, so one more full day and then we get to leave with our beautiful little girl.

I just have to say "Thank You" for all of you who came to the Pancake Breakfast. Also to our family that organized it. We are humbled by your generosity.  Words do no express our gratitude for the love, encouragement, prayers, and financial support that was given on our behalf. We serve a great big God that does great big things. Because of you we were able to cover the travel expenses of this trip and a little extra. I don't say much about fiances but I will say this, if God has laid adoption on your heart, PLEASE don't let the money scare you away. It is only by God's provision and His faithfulness that this happened. He is Good!

I give Glory to God for the great things he has done, please ask me some time I would love to share my heart and the story God has written.

Goodnight from Ethiopia!
Sarah


 

No comments:

Post a Comment