Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

After my last post I said that I was done blogging for awhile, but I had to come back.  There are two very important dates one of which being Mother's Day and the other is Hannah's 1st Birthday in just a few short days.  For her I needed to come back.

Today we celebrated Mom's.  I am blessed with two wonderful moms in my life.  My mom and my mother-in-law.  They are beautiful, wonderful, loving women and bless me and the rest of my family so much. 

I have been thinking a lot over the last few days of Hannah's birth mom.  We had the amazing privilege of meeting her on our first trip to Ethiopia.  It was  very difficult for us and her but it is a gift that we will be able to share with Hannah when she is older.  Today I honor her, her unconditional love for Hannah.  The courage and strength she had to give her daughter a chance at life.  We get to watch her grow, I get to hear her call me "mama", we get to love her, celebrate her 1st birthday with her, hear her giggle and see her beautiful smile.  Adoption is beautiful and wonderful but it is also sad and hard.  Thank you dear Feluku for entrusting us with precious Hannah. We love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment